Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mad for Markers - New Colour Challenge

This month Mad for Markers monthly challenge is to use a "new colour combination". I have also added my own little challenge to myself for this year and every challenge I am entering I am going to try to do a Christmas card so by the end of the year I will have a start on my cards for Christmas. The second little "extra" challenge I am giving myself is that I am to use papers etc from my stash. For this month I decided to use papers that I got as a free gift with a magazine that I had purchased. I was inspired with the papers from a collection called "Trim the Tree" and they are all purple and green with a Christmas theme. I would not normally put purple and green together for Christmas. I am VERY happy with my Little Elf Mim card and decided to keep the design of it very simple.




Colours Used




I have also decided to keep a little book that I will note all the colours I have used on a project to make it easier if I really like the combination and want to use it again. It is quite hard to see but I have used gold spica pen on the bells on the toes of the shoes as well as the top of the bauble and I have put clear spica over the red berries on the holly leaf as well as the little hair ties. The greeting came with the paper. This is the first time I have coloured this little stamp and I love it. Thanks for looking at my creation.

1 comment:

  1. so very sweet!! Thanks for playing along at Mad for Markers in our new colour combo challenge! Keeping that list of colours is a great idea :)
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete